Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 360 Splurge is where you ask the questions and we'll answer them in our reviews!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Games Magazines

Go down 
5 posters

Which games magazines do you buy? Tick all that apply (and comment why)
360 Gamer
Games Magazines I_vote_lcap15%Games Magazines I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
EDGE
 15% [ 2 ]
GamesMaster
Games Magazines I_vote_lcap8%Games Magazines I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
GamesTM
Games Magazines I_vote_lcap31%Games Magazines I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
Official Xbox Magazine
 15% [ 2 ]
Retro Gamer
 8% [ 1 ]
X360
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
EffEmmGee
Admin
EffEmmGee

Games Magazines Empty
PostSubject: Games Magazines   Games Magazines I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 2:32 pm

I am just curious to know which Games magazines you buy and why?

Give us your mini verdict!

(let me know if I've missed any big name magazines out, they have to at least feature Xbox 360)
Back to top Go down

Games Magazines Empty
PostSubject: efmg   Games Magazines I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 4:34 pm

You have missed Xbox 360 world and games master out .

I buy the games master because its not just telling you all the 360 things and games coming out . It tells you every console game's like pokemon and ps3 and ds .
Back to top Go down
EffEmmGee
Admin
EffEmmGee

Games Magazines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games Magazines   Games Magazines I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 4:52 pm

We subscribe to GamesTM because in my opinion its the best all-rounder as it covers all formats.
We've bought 360 Gamer a few times when there is some good articles in there, plus we've had some reviews published in there.
EDGE isnt for a younger audience as its written for the technically minded, I like it sometimes.
I don't buy GamesMaster because I feel that I am too old for it, I've flicked through 1 or 2 in the past but feel imo that its for kids.
I wouldn't even buy the Official Xbox Magazine to wipe my bum
I can't really comment on Retro Gamer and X360 as I haven't really looked at them properly.
Back to top Go down
Sasquatch

Games Magazines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games Magazines   Games Magazines I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 4:47 am

I regularly buy GamesTM - as you say, it's a pretty good all round magazine. Plus it has a strong online community. I also buy 360 Gamer

I have bought one copy of Edge, which I thought was poor; I'm not saying it's a bad magazine, I just didn't like the vibe from it. Also bought Gamesmaster in the past; yeah, definitely for da kids. I didn't vote for them
Back to top Go down

Games Magazines Empty
PostSubject: Games master :   Games Magazines I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 2:24 pm

The reason why i buy this is beacuse , there's loads about every new console it tells you all the new game's comingout for all the platform console's and its not much really its quite cheap and really exciting . Ill be putting some pictures up in the next couple of days so everyone can actually look at what magazine's i like and that .
Back to top Go down
EffEmmGee
Admin
EffEmmGee

Games Magazines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games Magazines   Games Magazines I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 4:48 pm

Its only 75p cheaper than GamesTM, and if you subscribe to GamesTM their magazines are the equivalent to only £2 an issue.

I have had a flick through GM in the shops and was instantly unimpressed, but that might be because I am beyond their target range which is at maximum 19yrs old:

Future Advertising Website Link
Back to top Go down
tomt207

tomt207

Games Magazines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games Magazines   Games Magazines I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 4:59 am

I get the ocm because it is more i donno true than the other mags which i dont necessary trust. And it may be short but it has plenty in it. Also its quite funny!!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
ERRRskate151

ERRRskate151

Games Magazines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games Magazines   Games Magazines I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 9:15 pm

I read game informer and EGM alot. Both American magazines
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/marcus151
Raving Fluff

Games Magazines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games Magazines   Games Magazines I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:48 am

I said Edge, Gamestm and Retrogamer.

I only get Edge when theres something specific in it as i can get angry reading some of their reviews for being too critical or serious lol.

GTM is a good all rounder and RG is only good if you used to play games years ago, and by that i mean before Xbox...yes games didnt start at xbox haha lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Games Magazines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games Magazines   Games Magazines I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Games Magazines
Page 1 of 1