Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 360 Splurge is where you ask the questions and we'll answer them in our reviews!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official BioShock Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EffEmmGee
Admin
EffEmmGee

Official BioShock Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official BioShock Thread   Official BioShock Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 12:05 pm

BioShock
Developer: Irrational Games
Publisher: 2K

Click any image to see a bigger version
Limited Edition Tin & Standard Edition
Official BioShock Thread Bioshocklecovergt7.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshockstandardcoverxd0.th

BioShock is the "genetically enhanced" first person shooter that lets you do things never before possible in the genre: turn everything into a weapon, biologically mod your body with plasmids, hack devices and systems, upgrade your weapons and craft new ammo variants, and experiment with different combat techniques.

Biologically mod your body with plasmids:
Genetic augmentations that empower you with dozens of fantastic abilities. Send Electrobolts storming from your fingertips, unleash a swarm of hornets hatched from the veins of your arms, strategically turn enemies against one another with irritants.

Take control of your world by hacking devices and systems:
Reprogram enemy security bots into personal bodyguards, modify vending machines to change prices, and transform machine gun security turrets into powerless pieces of metal.

Upgrade your weapons at Fire-For-Effect stations located through Rapture:
Craft variants of ammo and plasmids by picking up materials in the city to modify them at U-Invent kiosks.

Experiment with different battle techniques with BioShock’s free form combat options:
Gameplay scenarios can be approached with a variety of weapons, active and passive plasmids, environmental objects utilization, exploitation of political alliances, or a combination of techniques. Find your style but know when to adapt.

Explore an incredible and unique art deco world:
Hidden deep under the ocean, vividly illustrated with realistic water effects and truly next generation graphics.

Make meaningful and mature decisions that culminate in the grand question: do you exploit the innocent survivors of Rapture to save yourself… or risk all to become their savior?

Click here for Trailers

Official BioShock Thread Bioshock01xt9.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock02kn7.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock03um0.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock04sv7.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock05eh6.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock06km7.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock07zn3.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock08ah5.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock09nn1.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock12px2.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock14da8.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock15ps0.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock16zt0.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock17wv7.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock18yr5.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock19kp5.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock20xf3.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock21cg4.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock24gj8.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock25qo3.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock26cl9.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock27ru2.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock28vq5.th
Official BioShock Thread Bioshock10kj0.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock11vk5.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock13cp8.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock22ez1.th Official BioShock Thread Bioshock23hv2.th
Back to top Go down
Goingslow
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Official BioShock Thread   Official BioShock Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 1:11 pm

Wahoo finally got round to completing this today, as in 1000/1000.

It felt nice to get it out of the way after almost a month and a half sitting on 930. Having to complete it on hard wasn't much of an issue as knowing what I was going up against I knew what to buy and equip!!
Back to top Go down
http://goingslow.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Official BioShock Thread   Official BioShock Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 10:24 am

I've been spending some time with this game and have decided that in my humble opinion, the pundits have been correct. This game is awesome and I would not complain seeing this being crowned as Game of the Year. I'll give Mass Effect a try when I can, but unless Mass Effect is sublimely excellent, this is my choice for game of year.

And it has been announced that this game will have a free download this week. Time to buy this game, or play it more guys.

And Goingslow, believe it or not, but I should have the Research PhD, but my game is glitched. How annoying, I am going to play it again. Hopefully, I will have 1000 out of 1100.
Back to top Go down
Goingslow
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Official BioShock Thread   Official BioShock Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 10:58 am

Yeah I heard that the download/new achievement was somthing to do with complete it with out using the chambers. May not be as rumours have probably changes the truth!!

I missed that PhD the first time though because I killed Sander Cohen whilst in the big hall. Where as I should have let him live so he will come down the stairs unlocking the secret room in his appartment where one of the power to the peoples is.

In a way I want the new achievement (worth 100pts) to be gainable with out too much trouble becase as my post above I was pleased to have the full score.

I guess we'll find out (Tuesday I think)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official BioShock Thread   Official BioShock Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 4:08 pm

Do you have to take pictures of the power to the people stations as well?
Back to top Go down
Goingslow
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Official BioShock Thread   Official BioShock Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 12:20 am

Sorry my mistake I had that and the other power to the people achievement mixed up.

The PhD achievement includes all the splicers but also the security cameras, turrets and security bots. I just kept taking photos of everything that I saw until it said research complete. Try to get underneath the camers and take them when they are idle and active attacking things (use the security plasmid to help)
Back to top Go down
Sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Official BioShock Thread   Official BioShock Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 3:05 am

The PhD achievement is got for all the Splicers, both Big Daddy variants, Little Sisters, turrets, bots and cameras - but only when they're not allied to you (exception being the BDs I think). I found it was best to take any pictures as they're about to attack you for the maximum points each time. Completely mad but quite fun! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official BioShock Thread   Official BioShock Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 6:34 am

Loved this game, as much of an achievement whore that I am I can't be bothered to play through the game again to pick up the other achievements.

The one bad thing for me about Bioshock was the story. It felt secondary to the gamplay to me.
Back to top Go down
shady

shady

PostSubject: Re: Official BioShock Thread   Official BioShock Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 8:55 am

Completed the game a few weeks ago, just doing the research Achievements now. Kind of funny setting a Splicer on fire, and snapping a pic as he jumps at you screaming.
Back to top Go down
http://chat.n.tonez.peperonity.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official BioShock Thread   Official BioShock Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official BioShock Thread
Page 1 of 1