Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 360 Splurge is where you ask the questions and we'll answer them in our reviews!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Halo 3 Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Official Halo 3 Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official Halo 3 Thread   Official Halo 3 Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 3:24 pm

Halo 3
Developer: Bungie
Publisher: Microsoft Games Studio

Official Halo 3 Thread 326909ps

Is there anything left to say about this game that you don't already know? It is a game that seems to become bigger, the closer it gets to its release date. It is a game that has created an industry all of its own. I mean, don't forget to pick up the comic, like I will, when it comes out. Also don't forget to pick up the mug, t-shirt, g-string and wherever else they can stick Master Chief's face.

Master Chief has truly become a licence to print money. I mean, look at the picture below. If you look closely, you can see the Master Chief smiling.

Official Halo 3 Thread Halo-3-helmet

I suppose that as a thread, I should really point out that you shouldn't let the hype of this game raise your expectations to unrealistic levels. You will only be disappointed. Expect a game that everyone on your friends list will have and that you can have a blast with online. Also expect a game that will give you an ending to a trilogy of games that about 14 million other people have also bought into.

And above all, enjoy being part of the event.

(If you haven't seen it, check out this little Youtube vid of Halo versus metroid)

Last edited by on Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chazkore

Chazkore

PostSubject: Re: Official Halo 3 Thread   Official Halo 3 Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 3:34 pm

personally im not going to bother with this as i felt very very lt down by the second halo and its going to be more of the same maybe with a few more enemies, weapons and vehicles. i wasnt really impressed by the halo3 multiplayer beta as it was pretty much halo 2 with new maps and a weak melee attack. not for me guys sorry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Halo 3 Thread   Official Halo 3 Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 3:49 pm

I know what you mean. We must be the only two people in the world that don't think that this game is an essential purchase. My problem is that I jumped from the N64 to the Xbox. And that meant that my left thumb was not prepared for an analogue stick. It's the N64 controller and Goldeneye, you see. The right thumb was perfect for analogue control. But not my left thumb.

And that frustrated me no end when Halo 1 came out. I just couldn't play it. Didn't get into the hype and have therefore not been an Halo fanboy.
Back to top Go down
Goingslow
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Official Halo 3 Thread   Official Halo 3 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 11:07 am

Like the two posts above Rolling Eyes I'm not jumping around waiting for this, the question(s) I ask to those of you who are,

What's so great about it?
Why should I put down all other games to play this?

btw I'm open minded so will not poo-poo all your views!!
Back to top Go down
http://goingslow.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Official Halo 3 Thread   Official Halo 3 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 6:23 pm

Well, good lord. At the time of writing, there is less than 23 hours to go for some shops to have a midnight opening and get on with the business of selling Heroi..., I mean, Halo 3.

And the firs treviews are springing up and the word seems to be that this is a superb game. Will YOU agree? Let's hope so. How many games have you bought and been told this was perfect? Far too many, I am sure.

All I can say is, Finish THE Fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Halo 3   Official Halo 3 Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 3:43 am

Well who is getting halo 3 tonight gamesation is open from 12 till 1 if any 1 is getting it today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Halo 3 Thread   Official Halo 3 Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 5:01 am

Chazkore wrote:
personally im not going to bother with this as i felt very very lt down by the second halo and its going to be more of the same maybe with a few more enemies, weapons and vehicles. i wasnt really impressed by the halo3 multiplayer beta as it was pretty much halo 2 with new maps and a weak melee attack. not for me guys sorry.
Its not its well good its got more things init like wehicles weapons its brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Official Halo 3 Thread   Official Halo 3 Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 5:55 am

Well, I have been a Halo fanboy - not to the extent of camping out during a midnight launch, mind you, but still...

Anyway, I like the series because - for one thing - it's what got me into FPSs in general and it was a major reason for me buying an Xbox way back when. Halo is one of my favourite games because of this introduction to the genre as a whole and for the sheer hecticness (did I just make that word up? Yes, yes I did) of it all. You against several sword wielding aliens that are invisible? Yeah, OK!

The game itself is arguably responsible for the success of the original Xbox, the creation of the 360 and Xbox Live as it is today. Not to mention such features as weapon restriction (and, in Halo 2, dual wielding), regenerative shielding/health restoration when in cover, and the use of vehicles

And the AI of your enemies is still impressive; it's a challenge to take on Elites in Legendary. Gears of War - the nearest equivalent to Halo - on Insane is a stroll in the park by comparison
Back to top Go down
EffEmmGee
Admin
EffEmmGee

PostSubject: Re: Official Halo 3 Thread   Official Halo 3 Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 7:39 am

I was never a fan on Halo from the beginning, thats ony because my mum bought me my Xbox for Christmas (the year it came out) and the only games I had for it at the time was the disk that came with it, Jet Set Radio/Sega GT combo and Oddworld Munches Oddysee.

I did buy Halo a month or so after and was hooked.

Anyway I've just done a write up of what happened at the Midnight Launch we went to here:

Game Related Exeriences
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Halo 3 Thread   Official Halo 3 Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 4:35 pm

If I wasn't so lazy, I may have tried to work out where there was a midnight opening of a videogame shop. But I am lazy. So I didn't bother. Just went to Game in my lunch hour. Picked up a standard edition. And walked out.

Now playing it and am slowly getting the Halo bug. It's amazing, but out of 49 people on my friends list, all but 4 of them have Halo 3. And they have all been on at the same time. Never seen anything like it.

Finish the Fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Halo 3 Thread   Official Halo 3 Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 7:21 pm

Oh my goodness. I have finished the fight. Yes, it may be short, but is it ever so sweet and so much fun.

Now I need to do it again on Legendary. It can be done.

Yes, sir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Halo 3 Thread   Official Halo 3 Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 8:16 pm

Now that I have "Finished the fight", I thought I'd just share my thoughts on a game that is, in the words of Shane Kim a "pop culture phenomenon". Whatever that is.

The game is good. Very, very good. But in my humble opinion, not the best FPS on the 360. In regards to the single player. The single player portion is interesting, varied and at times a little tricky. The last level is rock hard. Seriously. Scary to think that some 14-year-old will be able to blast through that with no problems on the legendary difficulty setting. I spent 2 hours this evening trying to get through that level. And even then only managed it because there was an invincibility icon hidden somewhere.

Maybe I am just old and getting crapper, but I found the humble "normal" difficulty level a little tricky. But in terms of single-player, I found very little to choose between Gears of War and Halo 3. I would say though that Bioshock was a more interesting experience than both those games.

But multiplayer is where Halo wins, hands down. Halo has a matchmaking facility that actually works. In so far that I actually won a few sessions. Which in itself is quite cool, because I suck. But I haven't even tried some of the other features, like posting some of my best 30-second killing sprees online. Or got my whole party of friends to take on some other friends. All I can say to those that don't haave this game, go and get it. And for those that don't have a gold account, just do what the lady below did for a little money.

Official Halo 3 Thread Tat1Official Halo 3 Thread Tat2Official Halo 3 Thread 2297726
Forehead advertising apparently goes for $10,000.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Halo 3 Thread   Official Halo 3 Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 5:00 pm

Not a day goes by, without me getting more and more amazed at the sheer effort behind Halo 3. Those guys at Bungie really know their audience. Have you ever wondered how many people you have killed in a game? Like, in total? Wonder no more, the answer to all those questions and more are at your fingertips.

As an exampler, I'll sneak in the link for myself andEffemmgee in here. If you are one of the literally millions that has a sneaky blast online with this game, I really would suggest getting a peak into how destructive you have been.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Halo 3 Thread   Official Halo 3 Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 12:18 am

I know that at the beginning of this thread, I was like, I won't get into the hype, but now I have. Sue me.

But anyways, the other thing that Halo 3 just does so well is take pictures to upload. Have a look at some of my fun Halo moments.

Official Halo 3 Thread 5343903-Medium

Here is me shooting OutlawedCougar in the nuts.

Official Halo 3 Thread 5344004-Medium

Here is me practicing my sniping ability. Thanks for being my crash testdummy, Mrs snipes 1234.

Official Halo 3 Thread 5343843-Medium

Here I am having my Julius Caesar moment. Notice my armband? In one stroke paying homage to Spiderman and doing what no spider can.

Official Halo 3 Thread 5341772-Medium

And here I am on the way to an awesome victory in a game of King of the Hill

But don't let me have all the fun. I am sure that some of you guys can come up woth pictures that are a million times better than my simple efforts. Just take a picture of a game via the theatre mode in Halo 3. Upload it to the Bungie.net site. Dowload it to your PC and stick it here for us all to see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: HALO3   Official Halo 3 Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 5:20 am

Ill upload one in a minute ive got a really good one were im going of my banshee in midair shooting with the lazer gun.
Back to top Go down
Sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Official Halo 3 Thread   Official Halo 3 Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 8:50 am

I have some really nice looking shots - well, technically, my brother does but the co-op game pics were me and him on Legendary. I can't present indivdual images (restrictions on these public computers) so I'll just link to his service record

The best ones, in my opinion, are "alliance","tangoed cheif¿","marine","swapsies" (exchanging grenades) and "gruntz"

I'm the Arbiter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Halo 3 Thread   Official Halo 3 Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 10:14 am

I thought that I'd take the liberty of pulling the pictures that you were talking about and sticking them on this forum.

Official Halo 3 Thread GruntsOfficial Halo 3 Thread Alliance

Official Halo 3 Thread Tangoedchief

And this last one is my favourite. It somehow has this whole friendly fire vibe to it.

Official Halo 3 Thread Surprise

Pictures courtesy of Official Halo 3 Thread Phenotype9688 and Official Halo 3 Thread Sasquatch81
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Halo 3 Thread   Official Halo 3 Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 1:51 pm

This video is just too sweet not to share. Thought you had seen the flukiest sticky grenade kill ever? Think again. If you ever see Daltino in a lobby, quickly quit out.

He will kill you.

Back to top Go down
Sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Official Halo 3 Thread   Official Halo 3 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 8:53 am

Thanks Victor! I like some of those shots because they look almost like concept art and I like "swapsies" because it gives me the impression that the grunt and Marine are the last two survivors of a battle and have just exchanged grenades (smack dab in the middle of the picture)! Who won? I can't remember but my money's on the alien!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Halo 3 Thread   Official Halo 3 Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Halo 3 Thread
Page 1 of 1