Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 360 Splurge is where you ask the questions and we'll answer them in our reviews!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official skate. Thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Official skate. Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official skate. Thread   Official skate. Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 11:46 am

skate.
Developer: EA Blackbox
Publisher: Electronic Arts

Official skate. Thread 330698ps
Players: 1-4

If there is ever a sport that is designed to prove to you beyond a shadow of a doubt that you should have perhaps less time getting drunk in your youth and more time balancing, it must be skateboarding. I have many memories of having a 'board and discovering time after painful time that excellent balance was a must for successful skating. You could say that I did not quite grasp that concept.

Official skate. Thread 330698ss1

And when the incredibly successful Tony Hawks franchise arrived, the idea of keeping a combo going on a skateboard for a higher score did not sit well with my fingers. No matter how much I tried, and believe me, I have pulled off some amazing feats of videogame dexterity, you could say that again, I did not quite grasp that concept either. But nevermind. EA has pulled out a game that looks quite stunning. It goes without saying that the game will most probably be polished to the nth degree. Have loads of moves and will appeal to all you skaters out there. 360splurge boasts one member that is already waiting impatiently for this game. (Don't worry, eRRRskate151, it is out soon).

Official skate. Thread 330698ss3

For my money, this game has taken a concept that I hope becomes common place for games that require precision timing. And that is the ability to record your videos and actually send them to your friends, and even edit your own soundtrack. Which is cool. I want that feature in Blue Dragon. But to get back on point, it has a sadly unspecified multiplayer element to it as well. Don't quite know, how many people can play at once, or even what you do. As EA puts it, it "features an extensive online gameplay system including multiple online multiplayer modes. Gamers can hit up popular spots in the city with friends across the country". Which sounds slightly worrying. I would rather it had the ability for friends around the world to link up. But maybe I am being pedantic.

Official skate. Thread 330698ss4

But soon, you will be grinding with the best of them. I am so old, I don't even know what that means. You could say, that I haven't grasped the concept of that either.
Back to top Go down
ERRRskate151

ERRRskate151

PostSubject: Re: Official skate. Thread   Official skate. Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 11:07 pm

This game was a must have for me. anyone sick of the monotony in the Tony Hawk Series should pick this up
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/marcus151
Chazkore

Chazkore

PostSubject: check this   Official skate. Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 12:54 pm

hey errskate i know how you feel man thing is you got it now i still gotta wait til next week! but for all of you still rocking the demo check this out i posted this for the last community i was with but none of them seem to care to be honest they are all too wrapped up in there little hyped up world of halo 3!

to expand you demo watch my videos:

http://www.xboxaddict.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=615

you also get to see what an ugly git i am! geek geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official skate. Thread   Official skate. Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 12:11 pm

Yup, Skate is rather nifty. I like the Tony Hawks series as well... and I have cunningly bought both titles (skate and proving ground) in the same week... and I have spent many hours on each. What I have found to be the most fun is to play one for a while, then stop and play the other. It takes about half an hour to not try to play one game using the controls from the other... it's brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official skate. Thread   Official skate. Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official skate. Thread
Page 1 of 1