Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 360 Splurge is where you ask the questions and we'll answer them in our reviews!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Xbox 360 Elite Thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EffEmmGee
Admin
EffEmmGee

Official Xbox 360 Elite Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official Xbox 360 Elite Thread   Official Xbox 360 Elite Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 4:42 pm

Whats so different with the Elite? Love it or Hate it?

Descrition from Xbox.com:
Introducing Xbox 360™ Elite, the premier Xbox 360 console package that includes a massive 120GB hard drive, a HDMI port, and HDMI cable, all wrapped up with a premium black finish. Xbox 360 Elite also includes a black wireless controller and black Xbox LIVE® headset. Xbox 360 Elite has enough space for a whole library of Xbox LIVE Arcade games as well as downloadable high-definition TV shows, movies, music, and all the other content available from Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

Xbox 360 Elite console:
The console is equipped with an HDMI port, HDMI cable, a black wireless controller and black Xbox LIVE® headset. It also comes with three powerful core processors, 16:9 cinematic aspect ratio, anti-aliasing for smooth textures, full surround sound, and DVD playback with upscaling capabilities right outof the box.

Xbox 360 120GB hard drive:
The huge 120GB detachable hard drive allows gamers to save their games and store television shows, movies, music, pictures, trailers, extra game levels, demos and other content available from Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Also sold separatley.

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (black):
The sleek black finish of this high-performance wireless controller matches the style of the Elite Console. It has a range of up to 30 feet and a battery life of 30 hours on two AA batteries. Also sold separatley.

Xbox 360 headset (black):
Now available in black, the headset lets you strategize while playing together online or trade taunts with your opponents. You can also send voice messages to friends on Xbox LIVE.

Xbox 360 HDMI cable:
New to Xbox 360, HDMI lets you get HD video (up to 1080p) and multichannel surround sound, all from one cable.

Xbox LIVE Silver Membership:
With this, gamers can chat with friends online, collect achievements and gamerscores, send and receive voice and text messages, and access Xbox LIVE Marketplace content such as game demos, HD movies and TV, as well as the best in downloadable games from Xbox LIVE Arcade.

One-month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold:
An Xbox LIVE Gold Membership provides a complete online entertainment experience. Subscribe to this premium service and engage in competitive online multiplayer matches, tailor your matchmaking via feedback and accomplishments, chat with more than one person at a time, and take advantage of unique privileges in Xbox LIVE Marketplace and Xbox LIVE Arcade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: xbox elite !!   Official Xbox 360 Elite Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 11:31 am

i dont see a point in paying for it its really like the other xbox 360 acept more memory when you can just get another hardrive ino its faster but at the end of the day its the broadband thats fast
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Xbox 360 Elite Thread   Official Xbox 360 Elite Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 1:23 pm

One thing to bear in mind with the 360 Elite, over the other versions, is that it comes with a HDMI output as standard. This will be something that you will find on the back of the Elite, as follows:

Official Xbox 360 Elite Thread 128348-1-1

And that will allow you to hook up your Xbox using these special HDMI cables to your HDTV, so that you can enjoy 'native' 1080p output.

Official Xbox 360 Elite Thread HDMI-DVI

I would say that it is really only worth investing if you have a HDTV that can actually display a 1080p picture. And believe me, if you thought that HDTV's were expensive, keep a look out for once that can display 1080p, not just 1080i. ('p' standing for progressive scan, 'i' standing for interlaced scan).

But, without being boring and technical, one thing has to be made absolutely crystal clear. Invest in a HDTV that can display pictures in 1080p, be prepared that only your Xbox 360, a certain other console, Blu Ray and HD DVD players can output video at 1080p. Nothing else. Sky HD transmits at 1080i. And so will everything else in the near future. And I can't see that changing in the near future, simply for the reason that the level of bandwidth needed to transmit a 1080p signal is so huge, well, take my word for it. One of my smart friends explained it to me, but in essence, what it boils down to is that the bandwidth that TV channels use, are regulated and allocated. There just isn't the space for a 1080p channel as well as all the other channels there are.

And, most importantly, can you actually tell the difference between a 1080i and a 1080p picture with the naked eye? That is best described by visual acuity. That is what you call the human eye's ability to distinguish between small details. I will say this. Unless you are looking to buy a HDTV in the region of 60"+, you will not be able to tell the difference between a 1080p or 1080i display.

And you can take that to the bank.

Basically, a 1080p display is only something that you should strive for if you have a £3,000 TV in your living room and you are worried that it is not being used to its full potential.
Back to top Go down
Goingslow
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Official Xbox 360 Elite Thread   Official Xbox 360 Elite Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 2:38 am

I have an Elite now, and a premium. Here's why I got it-

1) I wanted a 120gig hd - £120
2) I needed a new controller - £30
3) Conecting with HDMI allows it to upscale - £60 for a semi good 1

All add up to £210, so I take a look around on the web and find of hmv.com the elite is £300 with Moto GP07 and Blue Dragon free which are around £40 each.

Add these to the price £290, 300-290=10. So all in all the Elite cost me £10, and thats without having to trade in my other console, so I can do what I want with that.

May not make sense to all, but for me it was a good deal.
Back to top Go down
http://goingslow.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Xbox 360 Elite Thread   Official Xbox 360 Elite Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Xbox 360 Elite Thread
Page 1 of 1