Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 360 Splurge is where you ask the questions and we'll answer them in our reviews!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official The Simpsons Game Thread

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Official The Simpsons Game Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official The Simpsons Game Thread   Official The Simpsons Game Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 6:28 pm

The Simpsons Game
Developer: Electronic Arts
Publisher: Electronic Arts

Official The Simpsons Game Thread 331365ps

The Simpsons. 20 years old. 400+ episodes and counting. The main voice actors earning $8m per season. And you can basically buy anything with a Simpsons character on it. It goes without saying that The Simpsons as a property are HUGE. It's probably fair to say that anybody that stumbles onto this site has probably seen at least 20 different episodes. And now we have another game to add to the list of items to increase the size of Matt Groening's coffers.

Official The Simpsons Game Thread 100303_6

We have what is potentially an unholy alliance of EA and Fox interactive giving us a piece of digital entertainment, but the early signs, if the demo is anything to go by, is a piece of videogaming genius. Taking its cue from the early seasons of the show, this game is set to lampoon different games and videogame conventions. With levels like Medal of Homer, Neverquest and Grand Theft Scratchy, you can see exactly what this game sets out to achieve. The developers proudly proclaim that 8,000(!) lines of dialogue have been recorded for this game. And as you can expect, it will be funny. It is a sandbox game, in the vain of games like Just Cause, Crackdown, et al. There is even an achievement for pressing start. 5 points since you're asking.

Official The Simpsons Game Thread Homerintheland

The game looks and plays like an episode of The Simpsons, so loads of primary colours, a faithful representation of the city of Springfield. And we are promised a cameo from virtually every character from The Simpsons that you can think of. There is so much going for this game, it is almost impossible for this game to fail. And lets hope it does not. The prospect of playing through a massive Simpsons game with so much original content by the shows creators makes me turn into a fanboy of the highest order. If you haven't done so already, I suggest that you bring out download the demo and let yourself be entertained. As hype goes, this game has been strangely devoid of it and is turning up nearly with a whimper, rather than a bang. But if you love the Simpsons, you owe it to yourself to give this a try.

Official The Simpsons Game Thread 100303_3

Official The Simpsons Game Thread Themaddeningcrowd

I think it is fair to say, purchase and enjoy, friends and neighbours.

Last edited by on Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Simpsons   Official The Simpsons Game Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 10:54 am

The, demos up in marketplace its really quite good at first you have to kill a giant robot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Simpson's game   Official The Simpsons Game Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 12:14 pm

I like the demo but i dont know about the game the reason i keep asking is beacuse you splurge members give an honest opinion most people are like its crap most are like its good and ive wanted it for age's but dont know what its like ( lol ) .
Back to top Go down
Benjamin's Brain In A Jar
Admin
Benjamin's Brain In A Jar

PostSubject: Re: Official The Simpsons Game Thread   Official The Simpsons Game Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 12:17 pm

The demo was a poor choice of level to put out, the final game is a lot more fun.

If you're a Simpsons fan, and want to see EA ripping the piss out of themselves quite hilariously, then you can't go wrong with this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: simpsons game :   Official The Simpsons Game Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 4:00 pm

Ok maybe i will get this thank's benjamin .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official The Simpsons Game Thread   Official The Simpsons Game Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 5:51 pm

One persons good game is another man's awful game. This game is a classic example of splitting opinion. In my opinion, the Simpson's is an awful, awful game. I am so disappointed because I was really looking forward to it, but having played it, I have to confess that it is one of the poorest experiences I have had on my 360.

I couldn't even be bothered to play it for the achievement points. Boo!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official The Simpsons Game Thread   Official The Simpsons Game Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official The Simpsons Game Thread
Page 1 of 1