Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 360 Splurge is where you ask the questions and we'll answer them in our reviews!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Assassin's Creed Thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Official Assassin's Creed Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official Assassin's Creed Thread   Official Assassin's Creed Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 5:09 pm

Assassin's Creed
Developer: Ubisoft Montreal
Publisher: Ubisoft

Official Assassin's Creed Thread 330227ps

Trying to do an official post whilst watching South African euphoria after their victory over England in the rugby world cup is not an easy thing to do. Especially after that try was unfortunately, but correctly, disallowed. But Effemmgee likes to crack the whip, so the show must go on.

But getting back to the post. The hype for Assassin's Creed has been slowly building over the past two years and at the time of writing, we're about a month from its official release. Videos have been shown, Jade (producer of Assassin's Creed) Raymond's profile has risen to the point that she is now as synonymous with this game as Cliffy B was with Gears of War and Shigeru Miyamoto was/is with Mario. So what type of entertainment can you expect from this game? Well, you take on the role of Altair, a young hooded fella during the Third Crusade in 1191. It seems that hooded youth have been a plague for a lot longer than we first thought. And as in real life, when a "hoodie" is around, trouble is not far away.

Official Assassin's Creed Thread Assassins-creed

As the name suggests, you are an assassin and the main focus of the game is to assassinate 9 targets. In keeping with the historical aspects of the real-life assassins your targets are high-ranking officials of the crusades, in essence trying to spread the spread of christianity. And in this game, this is done one-on-one. Close-up. In public. In essence, you acquire your target. Try and find the best way to approach him. Assassinate him and then try your best to make a clean getaway. In a nutshell.

But where the unique selling point for this game becomes apparent is that you are also a highly gifted athlete. Think parkour mixed with Prince of Persia acrobatics and you get the idea. As also explained by Jade Raymond on her many, many interviews about this game, you have the ability to use the environment to your advantage to the extent that everything that you see that sticks out more than 10cm [In an interview with Frag Doll Kitt and Jade Raymond, Jade said anything from 2 inches is climbable -Ed], can be used as foothold for you to scale, vault or climb.

Official Assassin's Creed Thread 1157119990

Seeing some of the action in motion is actually very impressive and if you are a fan of stealth games, expect to have many hours of enjoymentout of this gme which basically promises you unlimited possibilities to achieve your objective. On the question of graphics, I think the level of excellence in games of this generation is such, that you only comment on games which look awful, because we are such demanding consumers that excellence is now the de facto standard that we expect. Bearing that in mind, there is nothing to say about the graphics in this game that is going to raise eyebrows. The game looks stunning, is huge and also enjoys many pedestrians, who are wonderfully modelled and animated and can be used as a buffer between yourself and your pursuers after an assassination.

Official Assassin's Creed Thread As

So, the magic of videogames strikes again. Assassins have been digitally immortalised, for your playing pleasure. Enjoy the huge effort that has been lavished onto this game. The care and attention that has been made to give you the freedom to perform your tasks in the manner that you choose. From what I can gleam, the control method has been tweaked to perfection, so performing your different abiities will be an absolute cinch. I think that this game will be an absolute hit and if we're lucky, Altair may even be able to right this wrong.

Official Assassin's Creed Thread _44188781_cueto300

There is never an assassin around when you need one.

Last edited by on Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Assassin's Creed Thread   Official Assassin's Creed Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 6:23 pm

Im, getting this but they keep delaying it it looks really good and amazing as if you could do really cool things on it and go on horses or things like that.
Back to top Go down
Goingslow
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Official Assassin's Creed Thread   Official Assassin's Creed Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 2:10 am

I've had this pre ordered since August, so can't wait for it. I'm hoping it's one that will keep me interested for a while unlike most games of recent which I play for a week or so then the next comes along and I think very little more of it.
Back to top Go down
http://goingslow.blogspot.com/
Goingslow
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Official Assassin's Creed Thread   Official Assassin's Creed Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 3:23 pm

Killing people is fun!!!!

*note to self don't say that out loud*

So got it saturday and am having great fun juming around sneaking behind people and stabbing them, plus for fun the odd huge sword fight!! This is so far proving to be what I was hoping for, I really enjoy games that you can take at your own pace (with in reason). Getting a full 1000 is possible but will take time and I know I will have a sense of I've achieved it when that last one pops up.

I do have the prima guide for it (£7.99 off play.com) but am using it to enhance my time and read up on things rather than following it word for word.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Assassin's Creed Thread   Official Assassin's Creed Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 4:14 pm

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game. After reading that review on Eurogamer, I thought that the game was actually quite crappy. But good to hear that it is worth a go.

Soon, I too shall be stopping the spread of christianity throughout the middle east.

*Note to self - don't say that out loud*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: HELP :GAMES   Official Assassin's Creed Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:47 am

Hi, can someone help me decide what game i shall get will it be cod4 or accasins creed i need to know by tomorrow the one with the most votes i will get tomorrow thanks D.SCOTT
Back to top Go down
EffEmmGee
Admin
EffEmmGee

PostSubject: Re: Official Assassin's Creed Thread   Official Assassin's Creed Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 10:11 am

It all depends what you prefer in a game.

Do you prefer FPS's or a 3rd person Free Roamer?

One is mission based and one you can freely travel without any need to rush.

They're 2 completely different games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Assassin's Creed Thread   Official Assassin's Creed Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 9:06 am

fmgee i like loads of games like call of duty 4 and free roam like accasins creed but i will deffinetly be getting both . However im getting accasins creed.
Back to top Go down
Sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Official Assassin's Creed Thread   Official Assassin's Creed Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 5:36 am

Well, I've finally crumbled and started playing this game - not because I thought it would turn out to be a big mess or anything. Oh no, it's just from being rather pre-occupied with the misadventures of a certain bespectacled crowbar wielding physicist-cum-Che Guevara wannabe. If Che Guevara had been dealing with alien hordes anyway...

Right, back to the game! Well, from my (admittedly brief) playthrough it's really rather good. The only gripe I've had so far is the quite annoying way you can't move freely during what amount to cutscenes - like those with the leader of the assassins. Invisible walls! Who'd have thought mime began like that? I love the simplicity of the combat though
Back to top Go down
EffEmmGee
Admin
EffEmmGee

PostSubject: Re: Official Assassin's Creed Thread   Official Assassin's Creed Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 8:54 am

I agree, theres something about Assassins Creed that I can't put my finger on, but whatever it is its just right.

I don't get how some people say that Assassins Creed is one of those games that you can only play in short bursts *CoughShazCough* because once I start playing it I get lost for hours, not as bad as Mass Effect though as that can have me playing for days if it wasn't for the fact that I have a Benjamin in the background whispering 'Tea' across the room, you know in the kinda way that they think you will think its a sub-conscious though and immediately go and make a cuppa o_O
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: HELP WITH THIS GAME PLEASE   Official Assassin's Creed Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 1:59 pm

This , game is amazing i got it the other day but what i cant seem to be doing is going anywere on it . Well im upto the part were you have killed jerusalem bad guy acre bad guy and the rest and ive gone through loads of veiw points . But the question is were do i go now in most places ive done most veiw points and defeated all the bad,ys but what now do you think someone can help me please .
THANKS VERY MUCH
Back to top Go down
Goingslow
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Official Assassin's Creed Thread   Official Assassin's Creed Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 3:09 pm

Hi,

I think the first thing to
do is load up your save, press back to open up the map and then look in the top right section of the screen. It should say your objective, for example, go to burea or intelligence collected ?/3. You get this info from the informers, eavesdropping and pickpocketing.

Try that first.

Adam
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Assassin's Creed Thread   Official Assassin's Creed Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Assassin's Creed Thread
Page 1 of 1