Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 360 Splurge is where you ask the questions and we'll answer them in our reviews!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bungie ain't part of Microsoft anymore

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Bungie ain't part of Microsoft anymore Empty
PostSubject: Bungie ain't part of Microsoft anymore   Bungie ain't part of Microsoft anymore I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 11:00 pm

By now it is old news, but I thought I'd just post a visual representation of the situation between Microsoft and the studio that has produced the Xbox' greatest cash cow.

Bungie ain't part of Microsoft anymore Divorce-oklahoma-law

The first thought for myself is this. Does it even matter? I am thinking of previous superstar studios who left a company and then simply produced dross.

Bungie ain't part of Microsoft anymore Rareware

Once gave us Goldeneye, Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark. Now we have Perfect Dark Zero, Grabbed by the Goolies and Viva Pinata. £350m well spent? Someone must be feeling short-changed. But I suppose the point is, Bungie has produced an absolute piece of gaming genius. In every respect. But can they do it again? And without the benefit of the mighty Microsoft marketing magic? I'll stick my neck out and say, no way, Jose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bungie ain't part of Microsoft anymore   Bungie ain't part of Microsoft anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 12:41 am

Erm, I had just had a sobering thought. Could it be possible that the 360 will be Microsoft's last console? Before you start chooking me, think about this. In recent weeks, Microsoft has in effect let the studios that have produced its two biggest franchises out of the door.

I don't care what anyone says, becoming independent when you were corporate is not a step forward. Halo 4 on PS4? Please say it ani't so.
Back to top Go down
EffEmmGee
Admin
EffEmmGee

PostSubject: Re: Bungie ain't part of Microsoft anymore   Bungie ain't part of Microsoft anymore I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 8:24 am

It wasn't Microsoft that let go of Bungie, it was Bungie who wanted independence from Microsoft. But I can see your point.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bungie ain't part of Microsoft anymore   Bungie ain't part of Microsoft anymore I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bungie ain't part of Microsoft anymore
Page 1 of 1