Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 360 Splurge is where you ask the questions and we'll answer them in our reviews!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which writer do you love that the world doesn't know about?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Which writer do you love that the world doesn't know about? Empty
PostSubject: Which writer do you love that the world doesn't know about?   Which writer do you love that the world doesn't know about? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 8:50 am

This feella called Brad Meltzer has to be read by everyone. He used to be Bill Clinton's speech writer, when he was the most powerful man in the world. I mean, anyone who can write speeches that can make a girl put a cigar in places where they shouldn't go, has to be worth a read.

And that is certainly true of this fellla. He is easy to read, a la John Grisham and has got a nice way of building tension. He has a tendency of producing fantastic endings, in the sense that they require you to suspend your disbelief. But he writes well.

To start off, I'd suggest reading the Millionaires. Pick it up for £0.50 from Amazon. Minus postage and packing.
Back to top Go down
EffEmmGee
Admin
EffEmmGee

PostSubject: Re: Which writer do you love that the world doesn't know about?   Which writer do you love that the world doesn't know about? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 10:24 am

Even tho I do like readong, I dont read as much as I should/like. Im also very fussy about buying books if ive never heard of the author before etc.

Id probably Wikipedia Brad Meltzer now youve mentioned him tho.

If I had to recomend an author that I think other people should be aware of it would be Koji Suzuki. I have 3 books of his (only finished one but halfway through another). They are Ring, Spiral and Dark Water. Ring and Dark Water were both made into films if your wondering where youve heard the titles before.

The book Ring imo is much better than the film as it goes into much more detail and Koji has an incredible way of telling a story as I was constantly on edge, so much so that whenever Benjamin came into the bedroom (where I read in silence) I would jump out of my skin as I was so engrossed with what I was reading.

Spiral is the sequal to Ring where it continues the story from the perspective of another person who was referenced to in Ring, the story obviously continues from the original so theres still the mystery of the videotape.

Dark Water I havent even started yet but goin off the other 2 books I can honestly say I am looking forward to the read. I have seen the film Dark Water and liked it. I dont think it was the best film ive seen (like The Ring) but I do love my freaky Japanese Horrors and the mythology behind the Japanese curses etc...thats probably why I love the Project Zero games!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Wich writer do you know that the writer doesent know about ?   Which writer do you love that the world doesn't know about? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 5:33 pm

Ha, well mine i dont know the name but he written the john cena wwe ( world wrestling entertainment book ) its about a marine who comes home after 25 years he and his wife go on a trip he stops at a gas sattion and when he comes back his wife has gone he goes looking for her he must stop at nothing to get revenge ... READ ON .... at the end he finds her and takes revenge..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which writer do you love that the world doesn't know about?   Which writer do you love that the world doesn't know about? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 6:52 am

Lee Child and Vince Flynn are my favourites at the moment.

Really like Andy McNab as well but I'm sure people have heard of him over the other 2 I mentioned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Writer that the world doesent no about :   Which writer do you love that the world doesn't know about? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 2:14 pm

Ha , im only 15 but there is one writer that is brilliant DEAN KOONTZ now ive watched most of his films and ive read most of his books . However there is one book and film INTENSITY and you should read/watch . It its magnificent
its about a man that kidnaps a girl and locks her away and years later a woman finds out and goes looking for her . Now hes written loads and directed loads but that his my best one.
OTHR DEAN KOOONTZ BOOKS AND FILMS
false memory - book
sole survivor - book - film - his daughter and him are the only survivors of a plane crash
black river - book - film
Fear nothing - book
NOW THESE ARE THE ONES IVE WATCHED AND READ.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which writer do you love that the world doesn't know about?   Which writer do you love that the world doesn't know about? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 10:45 pm

Dean Koontz is definitely a very good writer, almost like a wordy version of Stephen King. I think that his best book was The Watchers.

It's been years since I read it, but I seem to think that it is about aliens. I know that is about as vague as you can get, but it was a decent read and about as far away from the stuff that he normally writes. So much so that it stands out in the crowsd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which writer do you love that the world doesn't know about?   Which writer do you love that the world doesn't know about? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which writer do you love that the world doesn't know about?
Page 1 of 1