Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 360 Splurge is where you ask the questions and we'll answer them in our reviews!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 'real' reason behind the red ring of death

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Goingslow
Goingslow

The 'real' reason behind the red ring of death Empty
PostSubject: The 'real' reason behind the red ring of death   The 'real' reason behind the red ring of death I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 11:49 am

Found this via here , thought it was quite funny. Could explain a few things!!!!

Back to top Go down
http://goingslow.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Ring of death ( three red light's )   The 'real' reason behind the red ring of death I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 7:15 am

Your exactly right there goingslow , we get the ring of death as people call it becuase when you leave your xbox 360 on for to long it over heats , but i think it might only be the new'er tipe of 360 becuase i got mine december 2006 and i think that after march 07 they made some different adjustment's and if people leave it on for to long it over heat's . You see when i went for a day out with my mate's i used to leave my 360 on and that must of been on for round about 24 hours and mine did'nt over heat so im suggesting it's just the new one's.
Back to top Go down
EffEmmGee
Admin
EffEmmGee

PostSubject: Re: The 'real' reason behind the red ring of death   The 'real' reason behind the red ring of death I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 11:36 pm

Actually the newer models have an improved and cooler chipset in them so if the newer models get the RRoD its not due to it overheating.

3 Red lights means its an internal hardware failure, it could be a number of things, overheating being one of them but thats not always the cause, I've found with alot of people that when their 360 gets 3 red lights its due to it not being ventilated properly, if it has decent airflow and is ventilated then I don't know what the reason could be.

4 Red lights means that your cables aren't connected properly, some people think 4 lights is worse but its not.
Back to top Go down
Goingslow
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: The 'real' reason behind the red ring of death   The 'real' reason behind the red ring of death I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 2:51 am

I've had two die, I don't leave it on any huge length of time, and it's on a shelf on an external fairly cold wall so theres as much airflow as posible around it with out having a fan sit there.

The first being a Jan 07 console and the second the refurbed one they sent me. Probably due to the fact they can't use solder with lead in it, I believe glue is now part of the fix.

Even my Elite has had a 3 ring moment but I turned it off staight away and it came back on has been fined since (he says).
Back to top Go down
http://goingslow.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'real' reason behind the red ring of death   The 'real' reason behind the red ring of death I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 'real' reason behind the red ring of death
Page 1 of 1