Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 360 Splurge is where you ask the questions and we'll answer them in our reviews!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Still waiting for my 360...

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Still waiting for my 360... Empty
PostSubject: Still waiting for my 360...   Still waiting for my 360... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 11:50 pm

It's been over 3 weeks since I sent my console back to MS to be 'repaired'. They told me 15 working days and that was Friday gone Crying or Very sad

I've called them like every day to hassle them and so far they've told me they've sent me a free game as compensation for it taking longer than 15 working days. Needless to say I will be calling them every day like I did last week.

They told me yesterday it could be 3-5 more working days yet.

I want to play games!!! Evil or Very Mad

Watch this space...
Back to top Go down
Goingslow
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting for my 360...   Still waiting for my 360... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 2:10 am

I know the feeling, I am now getting around this problem happening again........

I have two!!! the Elite, which I use (now makes some odds sounds) and the new premium they sent me back.

Mine has died twice and both times they've sent me a new one, but still it takes them 3 weeks to sort it! We can but hope the next console they produce is a bit tougher.
Back to top Go down
http://goingslow.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting for my 360...   Still waiting for my 360... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 2:15 am

If the console I get back doesn't last more than 6 months I'm seriously considering not playing 360 again! It's that annoying and poor.

I'm getting a PS3 early next year regardless as something else to play as well but not to replace my 360...yet! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting for my 360...   Still waiting for my 360... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 6:00 am

Hope you get your Xbox back soon. My first one died during the summer as well. I tried to buy a new one because I have never been a fan of refurbished stuff. Me and the girlfriend went to Game to pick a new one up and the fella behind the counter tried to be helpful and explain about the extended warranty. He assumed that I didn't know about it. And of course my girlfriend thought it made more sense to get one repaired than buy a new one.

I was so angry, I couldn't speak. But I managed to sell my dodgy one to a colleague at work for £100. He took an age to cough up. So much so that I was about to take it back and then he paid. He called me up a few weeks ago to ask for the repair hotline, because the 'box had stopped working again. Haha.

But anyways, the point is, Xbox reliability is awful. Hopefully you will have it back in time for christmas and when you get your PS3, I would like to read an unbiased opinion about whic console is more fun.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting for my 360...   Still waiting for my 360... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 10:36 am

Thanks mate, fingers crossed!

Called them again today (day 25) and apparently I should receive a call from them within 48 hours.

I'll keep y'all posted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting for my 360...   Still waiting for my 360... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 6:21 am

Day 26

Called them again today as not had a phone call as promised. Need to wait another 24 hours for a call from second-line support (on the priority list apparently).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting for my 360...   Still waiting for my 360... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 5:28 am

Day 27

Lucky I had this morning off work! Guess what turned up?! Totally wasn't expecting it to arrive today after being told yesterday to wait for a phone call by 11am. Yes!!!

Apparently there was a problem with the DVD drive and the motherboard according to the info that came with it.

Typical! I was just thinking of calling them and the dor bell rang!
Back to top Go down
Goingslow
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting for my 360...   Still waiting for my 360... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 6:23 am

Wahoo!!!!

Did you get a gold card in the box with it? I did the last time thankfully but not the first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting for my 360...   Still waiting for my 360... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 6:37 am

Yeah 1 month free Gold sub. How does that work though if I'm subscribing annually? Can I cancel paying automatically and then when my current year ends, use the card then start a yearly sub again?
Back to top Go down
Goingslow
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting for my 360...   Still waiting for my 360... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 6:42 am

Thats what I got too, I just redeemed it straight away and it added an extra month on to my subsription. I figured I'd probably lose it if I left it until it ran out!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting for my 360...   Still waiting for my 360... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Still waiting for my 360...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Xbox 360 :: Xbox 360 General Chat-
Jump to: