Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 360 Splurge is where you ask the questions and we'll answer them in our reviews!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Describe your gaming setup

Go down 
+2
Goingslow
EffEmmGee
6 posters
AuthorMessage
EffEmmGee
Admin
EffEmmGee

Describe your gaming setup Empty
PostSubject: Describe your gaming setup   Describe your gaming setup I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 12:13 pm

Or post images, or whatever takes your fancy.

I know other forums tend to do these types of threads but I do find them interesting. You know how some people have a Gaming Room or some people might game in their living room etc.

Also what have you got that connects to what?

mufc.pimp.07 said in the Mobile Phones Thread wrote:
...you know you can send things of your pc to your xbox 360.

So has anyone multi-connected anything?

Both Benjamin and myself have both our 360's in the Living Room (I'll let Benjamin post about his setup) but for me my console is hooked up to the PC monitor and for me to image quality is uber-clear. As for connections my PC has Windows Vista Premium that comes with Windows Media Center (if you want Media Center don't go for any Vista Package below Home Premium, they don't have it) so I can stream images/music/videos from my PC to either of our 360's.

Even though I am using the Wireless Network adapter to connect my 360 to the interweb there is no loss in streamed content quality.
Back to top Go down
Goingslow
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Describe your gaming setup   Describe your gaming setup I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 12:25 pm

Mine is roughly as follows.

Samsung 26" HD
Xbox 360 Elite via HDMI
Windows XP pc (which I built myself)
Both on my Voyager 210 router
Panasonic Dvd recorder
(plus a 360 Premium and slower xp pc just sitting there now)

This set up is my room as I still leave with my mum, so space is a bit of a premium hence why they are all connected to the same screen.

Last edited by on Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://goingslow.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Describe your gaming setup   Describe your gaming setup I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 8:14 pm

Well, my set up is as follows. Pride of joy is my Xbox 360, closely followed by our digibox. And before you ask why my Xbox is perched on a folding table, it is because we bought some furniture from Ikea, and the entertainment unit we wanted was not available anymore. So this is a stopgap until it gets sorted. Notice one of the speakers from my 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound system, baby.

Describe your gaming setup 26102007124

Then comes my other pride and joy. MY Samsung HDTV. I forget the size, but I think it is a 32". And beneath it sits my surround sound system from Sony. And my video. It's a mix of uber-modern and nearly outdated. I know, I should have a HDD recorder, but I prefer tapes. So sue me. And you might even notice that in the bottom right is a DVD player. 10 quid from Argos. And after a little Googling, I managed to track down a code which basically turns this badboy into a region-free player. Get in.

Describe your gaming setup 26102007125

And here is the underappreciated, overhyped piece of gaming kit from Nintendo. Quietly gathering dust. Refusing to wirelessly connect to my WiFi connection. Refusing to actually release any decent games apart from Zelda and (maybe) Metroid. Refusing to show itself to be value for money and also refusing to turn a profit on Ebay. Argh.

Describe your gaming setup 26102007126

But yes, everytime the little sign pings, that says "Vice Destroyer is online", I am nestled in my sofa, joypad in my hand, beer at my feet and ready to be humiliated over the net.
Back to top Go down
Goingslow
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Describe your gaming setup   Describe your gaming setup I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 2:56 am

Describe your gaming setup Dsc00038ad9

There we go, very compact setup, but there's everything I need there.
Back to top Go down
EffEmmGee
Admin
EffEmmGee

PostSubject: Re: Describe your gaming setup   Describe your gaming setup I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 3:32 am

Hey Goingslow, I see you're using uber high resolution too. The background for my website is catered for people who use the bog standard 1024x768 so Lara shouldn't be appearing twice there, don't worry its not a noobish error lol. I myself use a PC resolution of 1440x900 so the image on my PC monitor kinda looks like yours on your TV.
*mutters something about the next 360 dash update NEEDING a higher res option for VGA players*

Seeing as I started this thread I should really post a pic of my setup but I'm too embarrassed right now lol, its a mess (ie spaghetti junction cables, snack wrappers from a marathon gaming sesh etc haha!)
Back to top Go down
ERRRskate151

ERRRskate151

PostSubject: Re: Describe your gaming setup   Describe your gaming setup I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 11:30 pm

Mine is pretty simple actually.
Olevia 32 inch hdtv
Xbox 360
Playstation 2
FC twin (NES/SNES Famicon Clone)
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/marcus151
Benjamin's Brain In A Jar
Admin
Benjamin's Brain In A Jar

PostSubject: Re: Describe your gaming setup   Describe your gaming setup I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 3:09 pm

As some of you may know my old SDTV of 26" broke down and because we had an extended warranty on it we were entitled to a gift card with the full value of it to spend on another TV.

We were initially planning on getting a 26" ProLine HDTV (ProLine being Comet's own brand) as it was the only one we could strictly afford. But because we did a partial buy now and pay later (ie paid £300 now from the gift card and the rest in installments) we could get something better.

Heres is a picture of my current setup:

Describe your gaming setup Tv10
(The game being played is Virtua Fighter 5 and its looks blurry because it moves too fast!)

It be a 32" JVC HDTV, here's the info from their website: Comet JVC TV

'Scuse the spaghetti junction of wires to the left, those are to be sorted out after I unglue myself from the TV.
Back to top Go down
Goingslow
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Describe your gaming setup   Describe your gaming setup I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 3:23 pm

Very nice, are you sure you have enough games though!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Describe your gaming setup   Describe your gaming setup I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 3:59 pm

Congratulations on your JVC. I was going to say that kudos for having your games in alphabetic order. Then noticed that Dirt was before Command & Conquer, then remembered that the full name of that game was Colin McRae's Dirt.

How are you finding the difference in visual excellence? Is HD all you wished it to be?
Back to top Go down
EffEmmGee
Admin
EffEmmGee

PostSubject: Re: Describe your gaming setup   Describe your gaming setup I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 5:36 pm

Haha, thats not all our games, we also have the collectors editions that don't physically fit in the rack:

Gears of War
Oblivion
Two Worlds (well if you look closely you can see the bottom on TW collectors above Half Life Generations)
Viva Pinata

The Original Xbox games on the Left are all Backwards Compatible and about an extra rack full put away in a cupboard because they are not BC yet, see I told you we tested alot of BC games (thats why my BC list is more accurate than the one on Xbox.com!)

To be honest we have NEVER EVER seen an image as gorgeous as this! Electrical stores seriously need to learn how to set up their HDTV's because in the past when I've looked at them I've just thought "meh, not much different than SDTV's...if not worse!"

I'm a bit jealous now because I thought the image on my PC monitor was good...in comparison...well there is no comparison...
Back to top Go down
shady

shady

PostSubject: Re: Describe your gaming setup   Describe your gaming setup I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 7:08 am

Well I have my X-Box 360 in my bedroom hooked up to a 28 inch TV also have a cable box two DVD players one cheap and one that plays DIVX got 2 Hi-Fi's as well, then in the living room I have a desktop PC 32 inch HD TV with cable-tv and a wireless router but I'm kind of dumb so wouldn't know how to connect my X-Box to the PC monitor.
Back to top Go down
http://chat.n.tonez.peperonity.com

PostSubject: Re: Describe your gaming setup   Describe your gaming setup I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 7:22 am

Currenty I've got the following:

Xbox 360 Premium
Sky HD box
32" Samsung HD LCD TV
Mac Mini

Will post a pic once I've had a bit of a clean up!
Back to top Go down
Raving Fluff

PostSubject: Re: Describe your gaming setup   Describe your gaming setup I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:43 am

Ive only got a small screen, its about 19" but its widescreen and TFT so its good enough for me (better than SD I mean)

My setup is at my PC desk and I use the Turtlebeach headphones because I don't want to disturb the rest of the house lolz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Describe your gaming setup   Describe your gaming setup I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Describe your gaming setup
Page 1 of 1