Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 360 Splurge is where you ask the questions and we'll answer them in our reviews!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ADVICE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

ADVICE Empty
PostSubject: ADVICE   ADVICE I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 3:47 pm

No offence but not many people would come on this site because they might think its a girl site because its pink and purple do you not think you can put it as green and pink and black or sumert because most of my mates dont want to come on there saying its a girl site ino its not but we wont get much people .
Back to top Go down

ADVICE Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE   ADVICE I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 3:56 pm

The person with the power is Effemmgee. I'll let her know that the colour scheme may benefit from being more unisex. We were looking at the colour scheme anyways, because one of our members was having trouble actually reading the text, but changing the colour seems to be an immense task for poor Effemmgee.

We'll get back to you.
Back to top Go down

ADVICE Empty
PostSubject: ADVICE rE:   ADVICE I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 4:00 pm

Verflucht wrote:
The person with the power is Effemmgee. I'll let her know that the colour scheme may benefit from being more unisex. We were looking at the colour scheme anyways, because one of our members was having trouble actually reading the text, but changing the colour seems to be an immense task for poor Effemmgee.

We'll get back to you.
NO I MEANT KEEP THE PINK BUT ADD MORE BOY COULOR IN THEN WE WOULD GET MORE PEOPLE THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT NOW BUT FOR SOME IT MIGHT BE A PROBLEM.
Back to top Go down
Goingslow
Goingslow

ADVICE Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE   ADVICE I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 2:31 am

Yeah, the pinks no problem it's only a colour.. The issue I'm having is that the text on most posts is black and the backround is a fairly dark grey. What I have been doing is just highlighting the text so as it turns white. (btw it's not a small screen, 26" hd sumsung lcd)
Back to top Go down
http://goingslow.blogspot.com/
EffEmmGee
Admin
EffEmmGee

ADVICE Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE   ADVICE I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 3:24 am

That's 2 people now that seem to be having issues with how dark the site is, and the coincidence is that both people are using HDTV's (which are renowned for being dark). The site really isn't dark at all in reality.

Before some of you guys joined I did try messing with the colours (I'm adamant about keeping the pink and grey look) and making it paler made the site look more 'girly' (and I'm not a girly person believe me lol). Also believe it or not I did try adding green but I think that made Verflucht quite ill and nauseous.

As far as I'm aware I thought that HDTV's (like most monitors) had presets for different situations, is there not a way for those with HDTV's to have a PC preset for when they're browsing the net? (and have the brightness turned up slightly). Even Benjamin's SDTV has a few presets.
Back to top Go down
Goingslow
Goingslow

ADVICE Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE   ADVICE I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 3:39 am

I may just post in white that should work. The colour makes no difference to me, its the post that count. ;-)
Back to top Go down
http://goingslow.blogspot.com/

ADVICE Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE   ADVICE I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 9:36 am

EffEmmGee wrote:
That's 2 people now that seem to be having issues with how dark the site is, and the coincidence is that both people are using HDTV's (which are renowned for being dark). The site really isn't dark at all in reality.

Before some of you guys joined I did try messing with the colours (I'm adamant about keeping the pink and grey look) and making it paler made the site look more 'girly' (and I'm not a girly person believe me lol). Also believe it or not I did try adding green but I think that made Verflucht quite ill and nauseous.

As far as I'm aware I thought that HDTV's (like most monitors) had presets for different situations, is there not a way for those with HDTV's to have a PC preset for when they're browsing the net? (and have the brightness turned up slightly). Even Benjamin's SDTV has a few presets.
This site is ausome its not girly at all but for some lads they might not come on and we need more people on for the game nights to work and the rest .
Back to top Go down
tomt207

tomt207

ADVICE Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE   ADVICE I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 1:15 pm

I think its great how it is who cares what colourit is really thats just being picky . The admin can put whatever he and she want!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

ADVICE Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE   ADVICE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ADVICE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Splurges Of Importance :: Help!-
Jump to: