Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 360 Splurge is where you ask the questions and we'll answer them in our reviews!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone got the chatpad yet?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Goingslow
Goingslow

Anyone got the chatpad yet? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone got the chatpad yet?   Anyone got the chatpad yet? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 3:03 pm

Hopefully picking one up on Tuesday, but anyone got it yet and if so what do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://goingslow.blogspot.com/
EffEmmGee
Admin
EffEmmGee

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got the chatpad yet?   Anyone got the chatpad yet? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 5:59 pm

We've got one...or should I say Benjamin has lol. I used it for the first time yesterday and think its great, not sure if Benjamin is jealous because I can type on it faster than he can haha.

Thing is I want one now (because we have a 360 each) not sure tho as I already permanantly have a USB keyboard plugged into my 360. I love gadgets!!!
Its actually barely noticable when its on your pad and doesnt really add much weight either. We found it was a little bit tough to get it on the pad but now I can easilly take it on and off again.

Its RRP is £24.99 (even though some places say its £29.99 o_O) but I found it cheapest from DVD.co.uk for £17.99
(although DVD.co.uk are in themselves good, their choice in couriers isnt, Business Post. We ordered a DVD boxset from DVD, they shipped early next day, Business Post took about a week to get it to us, their online tracker claimed that they had attempted 4 times, we were in, stayed in especially for this parcel! We even had a panic as when we initially contacted DVD to see what the delay was they told us that Business Post told them that it had been delivered and signed for!
Turns out that Business Post couldnt actually find us, they had our number which they never used. One woman in Customer Services even arranged with us that it would be delivered to us especially by an employee on their way home as they live further up the road we live on, still no joy. In the end we went to their depo (it was only 30 mins away on a bus) and waited all day for it (all day because their courier had already taken it out at about 5.30am and he didnt get back till about 6pm, but we didnt know if he was going to make a stop back at the depo). We had our DS's with us to pass the time.)

Actually Verflucht found it cheaper from Video Games Plus for £14.10 and although it should work as its a plug and play peripheral there would be a longer wait as VGP are based in Canada. Not sure about shiping and import charges, Verflucht would be the best person to ask for advice there I think.

Hope I helped.
Back to top Go down
Goingslow
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got the chatpad yet?   Anyone got the chatpad yet? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 10:57 am

On this 1 I'm going to my local game shop, they're not the cheapest but I like to help them out as at times they help me out.. I did get a good deal online on my elite though with Moto gp and blue dragon free.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got the chatpad yet?   Anyone got the chatpad yet? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 3:51 pm

You got Blue Dragon? Well done. Let me know how you get on with that game. I have spent far too much time with that game and I absolutely love it.

In regards to the chat pad, haven't actually had it in my hands, but by all accounts (and by now, you'll probably be able to second that), it is a quality piece of kit.

Might have to treat myself to one, since Effemmgee actually has a keyboard in her Xbox and can send 4 messages to my one via her Xbox.
Back to top Go down
Goingslow
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got the chatpad yet?   Anyone got the chatpad yet? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 12:03 am

Not spent too much time on blue dragon yet, as I wanted to get the full 1000 on BioShock first (nearly there). I will let you know what I think when I do!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: chat pad   Anyone got the chatpad yet? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 3:35 pm

I think the chat pad is rubbish the reason why is because its saying i cant get chat on my xbox i can have normal chat but not the new one its saying im on a childs account but im 16 in january so whys that...
Back to top Go down
Goingslow
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got the chatpad yet?   Anyone got the chatpad yet? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:01 am

mufc.pimp.07 wrote:
I think the chat pad is rubbish the reason why is because its saying i cant get chat on my xbox i can have normal chat but not the new one its saying im on a childs account but im 16 in january so whys that...

Firstly just because you can't get msn on the 360 doesn't mean the pads rubbish!! and secondly I should think microsoft are being careful, as they don't want to get caught up in any cases where people are luring children in to things! Thirdly if your birthdays not until January then you are still a child, It will soon be here though, doesn't seem like five minutes since I started work at 16, that was 5 years ago.!!
Back to top Go down
EffEmmGee
Admin
EffEmmGee

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got the chatpad yet?   Anyone got the chatpad yet? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:40 am

Exactly!

I wouldnt complain that something is rubbish when it clearly isnt, fair enough not being able to use MSN until youre a certain age is rubbish but I agree with Goingslow, its all to protect young people, there are alot of weirdos' out there! O_O Im 24 and still end up chatting to some weirdos!
Back to top Go down
Goingslow
Goingslow

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got the chatpad yet?   Anyone got the chatpad yet? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:11 pm

EffEmmGee wrote:
Exactly!

I wouldnt complain that something is rubbish when it clearly isnt, fair enough not being able to use MSN until youre a certain age is rubbish but I agree with Goingslow, its all to protect young people, there are alot of weirdos' out there! O_O Im 24 and still end up chatting to some weirdos!

Thank you, and I'm one of them ;-)

Getting back to my original point, got the pad today, just got to get used to where all the symbols are and I'll be well away.

But does anyone know if I get the wireless pc adapater thing (usual long microsoft name) if it will work on that, I know it allows you to use the other wireless add-ons pad/wheel etc??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Chat pad   Anyone got the chatpad yet? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 3:26 pm

Goingslow wrote:
Hopefully picking one up on Tuesday, but anyone got it yet and if so what do you think?
Well i wanted to use the new messenger but it says not available for a childs account so i cant have one .
Back to top Go down
EffEmmGee
Admin
EffEmmGee

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got the chatpad yet?   Anyone got the chatpad yet? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 2:52 am

mufc.pimp.07 wrote:
Goingslow wrote:
Well i wanted to use the new messenger but it says not available for a childs account so i cant have one .

Im a bit confused, if your 360 wont let you use Messenger because your using a childs account then how are you playing Stranglehold? (which is 18r)

I'm partially jealous because I havent played it yet. We have it, I mean Benjamin has it (the Collectors Edition in the Tin) but I need to tear myself away from Blue Dragon and Two Worlds first lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got the chatpad yet?   Anyone got the chatpad yet? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 9:25 am

EffEmmGee wrote:
mufc.pimp.07 wrote:
Goingslow wrote:

Im a bit confused, if your 360 wont let you use Messenger because your using a childs account then how are you playing Stranglehold? (which is 18r)

I'm partially jealous because I havent played it yet. We have it, I mean Benjamin has it (the Collectors Edition in the Tin) but I need to tear myself away from Blue Dragon and Two Worlds first lol!
Well even if you have a childs account because im 15 going on 16 in january it still lets you have the games goto your account manegement enter parents password and take the password of !!
Back to top Go down
ERRRskate151

ERRRskate151

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got the chatpad yet?   Anyone got the chatpad yet? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 11:35 pm

I got one. it's a godsend. I don't find it too intrusive and its amazing for sendin super fast messages
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/marcus151
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got the chatpad yet?   Anyone got the chatpad yet? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone got the chatpad yet?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Xbox 360 :: Xbox 360 General Chat-
Jump to: