Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 360 Splurge is where you ask the questions and we'll answer them in our reviews!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That may be it for 360 BC updates

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EffEmmGee
Admin
EffEmmGee

That may be it for 360 BC updates Empty
PostSubject: That may be it for 360 BC updates   That may be it for 360 BC updates I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 3:45 am

Eurogamer wrote:
We may have seen the last of Xbox 360's backwards compatibility updates, according to group marketing manager Albert Penello.

"I don't know if we have plans to do any more releases," Penello told Kotaku.

"It feels like we kind of hit the point of diminishing returns there. I know with the Xbox Originals, there are still things happening there, but in terms of a lot of engineering work around bringing out new titles, I think they're winding that down."

Apparently very few people are playing Xbox games on Xbox 360 these days, and Microsoft reckons it's covered most of the important "top selling" games anyway.

Although Penello admits it's "not exactly the answer everyone wants to hear", he expects one-off releases to be the norm.

Besides, when you can charge 1200 Microsoft Points for every new release through Xbox Originals, with so much of the catalogue already brought up to spec, it must be tempting to call it a day.

Clicky -> Eurogamer Article
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Xbox 360 :: Xbox 360 General Chat-
Jump to: