Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 360 Splurge is where you ask the questions and we'll answer them in our reviews!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy Christmas!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sasquatch

Happy Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Happy Christmas!   Happy Christmas! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 4:42 am

Just wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, that you get all that you want (and then some with any luck), and a Happy New Year! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Happy Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: ha"   Happy Christmas! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 9:00 am

Well new years day is my birthday lol so happy new year birthday for me lol .
Back to top Go down
EffEmmGee
Admin
EffEmmGee

Happy Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas!   Happy Christmas! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 9:02 am

Happy Christmas people!

So what are you lot doing?

Me? Going round to Benjamin's mums for the day for Christmas Dinner. We're also taking round our 360 to drive everyone up the wall with Guitar Hero III (we're pitting both Benjamin's brothers against each other as we're taking both our guitars over), then for some friendly Scene It? LCA later on.

Anyone else doing anything interesting?
Back to top Go down

Happy Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: christmas ...   Happy Christmas! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 9:06 am

Newt special for me , just another christmas were they all come round for christmas dinner and its going to look like a bomb's dropped lol seriously it will look like that . So happy christmas to all are splurge members and especially to verflucht , goingslow and FMG happy new year aswell .
Back to top Go down

Happy Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas!   Happy Christmas! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 7:05 pm

Merry christmas, mate.

Hope you have a good one.
Back to top Go down
Goingslow
Goingslow

Happy Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas!   Happy Christmas! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 3:01 pm

Ok, thats that pointless day out of the way again for one year.

Now if I'm not religious, why should I celebrate christmas?

Anyone have any good reasons?
Back to top Go down
http://goingslow.blogspot.com/
EffEmmGee
Admin
EffEmmGee

Happy Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas!   Happy Christmas! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 3:05 pm

Goingslow wrote:
Ok, thats that pointless day out of the way again for one year.

Now if I'm not religious, why should I celebrate christmas?

Anyone have any good reasons?

Answer: The VAST amount of chocolate you will inevitably get from people that don't know what to get you!
Back to top Go down
Goingslow
Goingslow

Happy Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas!   Happy Christmas! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 3:19 pm

Why do they HAVE to get me anything? I think nothing different of them anyway!

If they're that fussed come around in the middle of summer for a BBQ and bring some food to share outside and have a game using energy and burning the extra food!!

But no, instead it's pants weather so I'm sitting inside doing nothing burning next to no energy/fat/calories and I get given shed loads extra to eat.

People are sheep, just following the rest of the flock.
Back to top Go down
EffEmmGee
Admin
EffEmmGee

Happy Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas!   Happy Christmas! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 3:31 pm

Personally I am not religious either so to me Christmas isn't a religious holiday...actually I don't know what it is to me thinking about it o_O

I don't go out of my way to buy things for other people and I never expect anything either, I'm just happy to be with my fiance, thats enough for me.

I do kinda agree with you though, whats stopping people from getting together and bringing food at any other time of year?

I respect the people who see this as a religious occasion but these days its all hyped up to be one big money making event, I mean wtf shops start putting up their Christmas decorations any time from October!!! Its like Valentines day in my opinion. Why can't people have their own personal Valentines day on their anniversary (ie on the day said person met their now significant other)
Back to top Go down
Goingslow
Goingslow

Happy Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas!   Happy Christmas! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 3:42 pm

Yep, I'm starting to stop and think more now.

IF I had a girlfriend and she wanted something then providing I could I'd get it, or other close family for that matter as well.

I brought nothing this xmas for anyone. People call me scrooge, untill I explain more.

For the record, I didn't even give my mum a 'mothers day' card. I love her the same regardless, so again why?
Back to top Go down
Sasquatch

Happy Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas!   Happy Christmas! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 3:49 am

Wow, what have I started? Wink

Well, I'm Catholic - just not a very devout one if that makes sense. I think the thing with Christmas isn't so much that it's a religious holiday, more that it's a holiday where the entire population takes time off from what they're doing to be with extended relatives, not just immediate family for one day, essentially. No more, no less. Otherwise there'd be moider!
Back to top Go down
EffEmmGee
Admin
EffEmmGee

Happy Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas!   Happy Christmas! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 12:51 pm

Sasquatch wrote:
Wow, what have I started? Wink

Well, I'm Catholic - just not a very devout one if that makes sense. I think the thing with Christmas isn't so much that it's a religious holiday, more that it's a holiday where the entire population takes time off from what they're doing to be with extended relatives, not just immediate family for one day, essentially. No more, no less. Otherwise there'd be moider!

Don't worry about it, you haven't started anything. You will ALWAYS find people with different views on what Christmas is.
Back to top Go down

Happy Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Christmas :   Happy Christmas! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 4:25 pm

Well for me christmas is a very boring time even though i get thing's people still come and it look's like a bomb's dropped all the time . Im christian myself but dont really goto church much anymore i used to go loads from when my grandad died right to early 2007 but as i say dont go now . Only the odd time at christmas called the tree of lights its newt that special really just a name in a book i look at and light a candle. Christmas is truly boring because when you have opened your things its just another day aint it and you get people standing on you people screaming , shouting , kids goin on and on so really it is quite boring and especially if you have more than 16 in your house.
Back to top Go down

Happy Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Anything special:   Happy Christmas! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 4:27 pm

So is anyone doing ewt special for newyear . We was going to go around my aunties for a nice chat and a little gaming like we do every year its quite fun but this year we cant now because my other auntie is in hospital so that's done for me newt do now accept sit back and go on my xbox 360 now .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Happy Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Christmas!   Happy Christmas! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy Christmas!
Page 1 of 1